Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) is a modern and highly effective treatment method: high-energy sound waves are introduced into the painful areas of the body. With this innovative therapy approach, pathological alterations of tendons, ligaments, capsules, muscles and bones can be eliminated systematically.
In the treatment session shock waves are directed at the area of pain, where they cause a controlled trauma. Healing processes are caused in deeper tissue areas, just as after external injuries. This results in increased blood circulation and the formation of blood vessels, so that new connective tissue is generated. Degenerated tendon tissue is regenerated and tightened.
The beneficial effects of shock wave therapy are often experienced after only 1 or 2 treatments. The therapy eliminates pain and restores full mobility, thus improving your quality of life.
- Lumbago (lower back pain)
- Dorsalgia (chronic back pain)
- Periarticular Shoulder Pain
- Cervical Syndrome (chronic neck pain)
- Calcific Tendonitis (calcareous shoulder)
- Achillodynia (Chronic pain syndrome of Achilles tendon)
- Plantar Foot Muscles
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel spur)